Sunday, November 20, 2016


One of the most important things to make they eye investigate the image.
The initial read of the Tomb image was too low key. While squinting the there is no contrast or compostion to read and it was abit to satureted green.
I want more light and more contrast for the eye to move around in the scene.
Also having some different edges is interesting, so I added more dust and smoke along the floor to break that up.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Tomb finished.

After 3 weeks on half time, I am done with the Tomb.
I learned a lot from this project, like thinking more about texel density earlier and locking down cameras for beauty shots during the blockout to be able to focus on the right details and composition elements.

I had a lot of nice feedback and help from great alumni from my school. Thank you!

Next week its on to a new project.

 Up vector shader for the sand.
Concept overpaint done week 1.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Week 2 done!

The assets that are left on highpoly are: floor, floor trim, metal chains, flame holders.
Then texturing everything giving it wear and tear. Then some spider web and piles of sand (might do the sand as a terrain material and sculpt piles on the floor.)

So next week I will finnish with material deffinition and variation. Lighting and final baking of it. Vertex paint for sand on all objekts and maybe and upvector shader for the sand as well.
Story telling elemets and atmosphere and add things as i go to make it cohesive.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Starting with highpoly

A fast update on the progression of the tomb.
I did high/lowpoly and baked it out for a rock, pillar and altar.
Need to redo the altar but I can start to see whats needs more attention and what parts that wont.
Still trying out some different lighting.

Friday, November 4, 2016

3 week project inspired by The Mummy.

First week done!
Inspired by The Mummy (1999) and the art of Rise of the Tomb Raider I have 3 weeks to do this environment for a school assignment called advanced production project.
The project is halftime so its more like 1.5 work weeks.
This weeks goal was to get the scale and proportions right and make modular peaces.
Also got it into Unreal Engine 4, blocked it out there and blocked in the light.

Next week is high poly and baking and starting with textures.

Inspiration from The Mummy.

Top right is the render form unreal and the rest are paint overs to start thinking about colors
and what type of lighting and set dressing I need. 
 The rest of the images are Unreal Engine 4.
The light build is super rough but I a start.